Data Protection (GDPR)
The protection of personal data has a special significance for STYLEX Schreibwaren GmbH. Therefore, Stylex Schreibwaren GmbH processes personal data only in accordance with the applicable legal provisions and ensures technical and organisational compliance with the data protection regulations.
The following information provides an overview with regard to the handling of data and the rights of the data owners, which have been in force since 25-05-2018 as a result of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Information in accordance with Art. 13 (data collection directly from the data owner) and Art. 14 (data collection from third parties) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Personal data is collected in connection with the provision of our services. Please take note of the following data protection information:
1. Information with regard to the data controller:
The controller for the data collection is:
STYLEX Schreibwaren GmbH
Londoner Str. 14
48455 Bad Bentheim
+49 (0) 421 8351660
Internet address: www.stylex.de
Managing director: Sönke Carstensen
2. Information with regard to the data protection officer:
Our external data protection officer can be reached at:
External data protection officer
Creditreform Compliance Services GmbH
Tel.: + 49 (0) 21 31 - 109 1072
3. Information with regard to the supervisory authority
The competent supervisory authority for data protection is:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection Niedersachsen
Tel: +49 (0) 511 120 4500-
4. Purposes and legal bases of the processing
The legal bases for the processing of the data are:
- Processing for the performance of contracts concluded with Stylex Schreibwaren GmbH in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 (b) of the GDPR
If personal data for the implementation of pre-contractual measures or on the basis of a contract is collected and processed, this data will be used for the conclusion of the contract, the implementation of the contractual relationship and, if applicable, its termination.
- Processing to safeguard legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 (f) of the GDPR
It may happen that data is processed in order to safeguard the legitimate business interests of Stylex Schreibwaren GmbH or, if applicable, those of third parties. This may be necessary, for example, in order to ensure IT security and IT operations, to prevent and investigate crimes/misdemeanours, to safeguard house rules, to be able to offer our customers a post-contractual service (for example a warranty), or for the purposes of direct mail to our own customers in the case of additional requirements, etc.
- Processing on the basis of a given consent, Art. 6 para. 1 (a) of the GDPR
Insofar as the data owner has given Stylex Schreibwaren GmbH permission to process the data for specific purposes (for example, sending newsletters), this personal data may be lawfully used according to the extent of the consent given.
- Processing for the fulfilment of legal obligations, Art. 6 para. 1 (c) of the GDPR
Ultimately, data processing may be required to fulfil legal obligations, in particular retention obligations under the Commercial Code and the Tax Code
- If we process special categories of personal data, the legal basis for this is Art. 9 paras. 2 and 4 of the GDPR, if applicable in connection with § 22 of the General Data Protection Act (BDSG).
5. Data categories which we collect from third parties
We process the following categories of personal data which we receive from third parties:
- Contact data (name, address, [if applicable, official] email address, telephone number)
6. Sources (third parties) from which the personal data is obtained
STYLEX Schreibwaren GmbH processes personal data insofar as this data was provided or transmitted by the data owners themselves (e.g. customers, employees) or, if applicable, by third parties.
If Stylex Schreibwaren GmbH receives personal data from third parties, it involves in particular the following providers:
- credit agencies
- commercial agents
- business partners in the performance of contractual services
- commercial data providers concerned with direct mail
7. Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
At STYLEX Schreibwaren GmbH those individuals, who require it for the respective legitimate fulfilment of their tasks, have access to the personal data. If external service providers whom we have engaged receive personal data for these purposes, we ensure that the appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out and the necessary agreements are concluded, that the processing is carried out in accordance with the valid data protection regulations and that the protection of the rights of the data owner is ensured.
We may also disclose personal information to:
- external service providers (for example IT service providers, data centres, support by software providers)
- business partners who require data transmission to perform their duties, such as, for example, payment service providers/banking institutions, postal/parcel services, commercial agents, external consultants etc.
- collection agencies, if applicable, in order to collect claims
- authorities and companies in the context of updates or for the fulfilment of legal notification obligations (for example, social security funds, tax authorities, police and public prosecutors, supervisory authorities, road traffic authorities)
- other third parties to whom the data owners have given their consent for the transfer of data or who have a legal right to transfer data (for example lawyers, insolvency administrators)
8. Intention to transfer to a third country or to an international organisation
There is no transfer of personal data to a third country (states outside the European Union or the European Economic Area) or an international organisation.
9. Duration of the storage or criteria for determining the duration
Personal data will only be stored for as long as permitted by applicable law. In particular, as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes of the contract for which the personal data has been collected, as long as its continued storage is necessary to fulfil any retention requirements or overriding legitimate interest, or until the data owner revokes the consent upon which the processing was based.
10. Rights of the data owner
The following rights apply to the collection of your personal data:
- Right to information, Art. 15 of the GDPR: the data owner has the right under article 15, para. 1 of the GDPR to request a confirmation as to whether the personal data in question is being processed. If this is the case, it also has a right to information about this personal data and to the further information in accordance with Art. 15 para. 1 (a) to (h) of the GDPR.
- Right to rectification, Art. 16 of the GDPR: if the personal data should be incorrect or be incomplete when taking into account the processing purposes, the right to request rectification or completion of the personal data exists according to Art. 16 of the GDPR.
- Right to deletion, Art. 17 of the GDPR: according to Art. 17 para. 1 of the GDPR the right exists to request the deletion of personal data if the processing of personal data is inadmissible for one of the reasons stated in this provision. However, a deletion cannot be requested if further processing is required in the cases of Art. 17 para. 3 of the GDPR, for example in order to fulfil legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 of the GDPR: under the conditions of Art. 18 para. 1 (a) to (d) of the GDPR, the data owner has the option to request the restriction of processing (blocking).
- A right to data portability according to Art. 20 of the GDPR: data owners have the right to receive their personal data, which they themselves have provided to Carstensen Import-Export Handels GmbH and which is automatically processed by Stylex Schreibwaren GmbH upon the basis of consent or a contract, in a common machine-readable format. This right is, inter alia, subject to technical feasibility.
- Right to object, Art. 21 of the GDPR: data owners have the right to object to the processing of their personal data, which is processed on the basis of a balance of interests (Art. 6 para. 1 (f) of the GDPR), taking into account the requirements of Art. 21 of the GDPR.
- If the objection is directed against direct mail (if applicable, with associated profiling), then any such data processing will no longer take place. In other cases, despite opposition, processing may only proceed if compelling legitimate grounds for the processing outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data owner, or if the processing is used for the purpose of the assertion, the exercise or the defence of legal claims.
11. Withdrawal of consent
Furthermore, any consent previously given may be modified at any time and without stating reasons with effect for the future, or completely withdrawn. The withdrawal will not affect the legality of the processing of your data based upon your consent until any withdrawal is made.
You can either send the withdrawal by post to STYLEX Schreibwaren GmbH, Londoner Str. 14, 48455 Bad Bentheim, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax +49 (0)421 835166 69 to STYLEX Schreibwaren GmbH. You will incur no additional costs outside of the basic rates involved here.
12. Right of appeal to the supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. The contact details for our supervisory authority can be found under point 3 of this document.
13. Obligation to provide personal data
An obligation to provide certain personal data will arise from the contracts concluded or to be concluded, insofar as the execution of the contract cannot take place without the provision of the data. In addition, legal obligations may be observed which oblige us to collect/process certain data.
Where data which is required for a contract is concerned, the contract cannot be concluded if any information is missing.
If data is to be provided upon the basis of legal obligations, the associated service cannot be provided without the provision.
14. Automated decision-making or profiling
Automated decision-making in individual cases, including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 of the GDPR, does not take place at STYLEX Schreibwaren GmbH.